ASCI Final Report: "HIV/AIDS, Security and Conflict: New Realities, New Responses"
by Alton Phillips — last modified 2010-11-25 13:08
ASCI Research Reports
- No. 1: "The Police and HIV/AIDS: A Literature Review"
- No. 2: "Current Trends and Issues in Research on HIV/AIDS and Police Forces in Africa"
- No. 3: "HIV/AIDS and the Central American Uniformed Services"
- No. 4: "The Impact of HIV/AIDS on the Operational Efficacy of Military Forces"
- No. 5: "The Political Dimensions of Responses to HIV/AIDS in Southeast Asia"
- No. 6: "Impact of HIV/AIDS on Governance in Manipur and Nagaland"
- No. 7: "HIV and State Failure: Is HIV a Security Risk?"
- No. 8: "Russian Demography, Health and the Military: Current and Future Issues"
- No. 9: "State Fragility and AIDS in the South Pacific"
- No. 10: "Is HIV/AIDS a Threat to Security in Fragile States?"
- No. 11: "States of HIV Fragility: Capacity, Vulnerabilities, and Epidemic Evolution in Mozambique"
- No. 12: Indigenous Welfare and HIV/AIDS Risks: The Impacts of Government Reform in the Papua region, Indonesia"
- No. 13: "HIV/AIDS, Conflict and the Gendered Implications of Transition in Burundi"
- No. 14: "'First, What is Harm?' The Political Dilemmas of Humanitarian Aid to Burma (Myanmar)"
- No. 15: "Neither Will nor Capacity: A Review of the Challenges of Responding to AIDS in Fragile States"
- No. 16: "HIV/AIDS Policies and Programming in DDR And SSR Activities in Southern Sudan: A Post-Conflict Analysis"
- No. 17: "How Should We Understand Sexual Violence and HIV/AIDS in Conflict Contexts?"
- No. 18: "The Visual Economy of HIV/AIDS as a Security Issue"
- No. 19: "HIV, Sexual Violence and Exploitation during Post-Conflict Transitions: The Case of Sierra Leone"
- No. 20: "Comparative Study on Intervention Packages on HIV/AIDS in the Uniformed Services in Africa"
- No. 21: "The Conflict and HIV/AIDS Nexus: An Empirical Assessment"
- No. 22: "A Survey of HIV/AIDS Awareness and Risky Sexual Behavior in a Vulnerable Population in Sri Lanka"
- No. 23: "AIDS and Local Government in South Africa: Examining the impact of an epidemic on Ward Councillors"
- No. 24: "HIV/AIDS and rape: modelling predictions of the increase in individual risk of HIV infection from forced sex in conflict and post-conflict settings
- No. 25: "Remodelling the core group: factoring mobility and power into theories of HIV transmission"
- No. 26: "Revisiting New Variant Famine: The Case of Swaziland"
- No. 27: "Post-Conflict Transition and HIV Vulnerability"
**These reports are pieces of research commissioned by the AIDS, Security and Conflict Initiative; the opinions and conclusions reached are those of the authors and not the AIDS, Security and Conflict Initiative.**
- Issue Paper 1: HIV/AIDS & the Military
- Issue Paper 2: HIV/AIDS & Democratic Governance
- ASCI Synthesis Paper: HIV/AIDS and State Fragility
- Alex de Waal on Themes & Evidence
- HIV/AIDS: Waking Up to the Challenges
- HIV/AIDS, Security & Democracy
- The Social Science of HIV/AIDS: A Critical Review and Priorities for Action
- Rapid Politico-economic transitions and HIV/AIDS: An Exploratory Analysis (Commissioned by AIDS2031)
- Global Consultation on Police and HIV/AIDS
- Second Advisory Committee Meeting Participants
- Advisory Committee Meeting Note
- Advisory Committee Meeting Participants
- Summary of Informal Briefing
- Hague Conference Participants
References - Annotated Bibliographies
- Reference Set #1: HIV/AIDS in Conflict, Crisis and Post-Conflict Transitions
- Reference Set #2: HIV/AIDS and the Military and Uniformed Services
- Reference Set #3: State Fragility and HIV/AIDS
- Reference Set #4: Gender and HIV/AIDS